Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan



This is Tyler Florence's recipe from the Food Network Website. I meant to take a better picture of all of the layers and gooey, cheesy yumminess, but I totally forgot, and/or had temporary amnesia brought on by the aforementioned cheesy goodness.

Your GF subs and things to verify are...
- kalamata olives - verify that your brand is gluten free
- Verify your dried spices - I use McCormick.
- Use GF flour - I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Verify your cheese. - I use Kraft shredded (bagged in the refrigerated cheese section, not the shaker can) for the parm and Precious for the mozz.
- Use GF pasta. We use nothing but Bi-Aglut here. But to be honest, we don't make pasta to go with this. We cut it like a lasagna and just dig in. That and a salad and you'll be stuffed.

This is so incredibly good. The first time we had this, my husband made it and we had five non-gf friends over, including two teenage boys. We demolished a huge pan of it and the boys had seconds. What better review can you get than that?

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still writing your blog? I just came upon it and it's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gretchen! I'm so glad it's helpful. I keep planning on getting started again. I've just got to do it. Thank you for the encouraging comment. :)

    ReplyDelete